1. All finance is subject to status. We make an application on your behalf through our finance providers (Ikano Bank AB (publ)) at the point of order. They will then execute all necessary credit checks and will return an approved or declined status. R&J Leather (Scotland) Ltd have no influence over the outcome of these checks.
1.2 Orders will be placed and goods allocated only after finance is approved. Some agreements may be delayed whilst status is checked, this process is called referral.
1.3 Once approved, your credit agreement forms part of a legally binding contract, regardless of whether a deposit has been paid. This means that by entering into such an agreement, you are obliged to pay the specified amount on the dates set out in the agreement until the order has been paid in full.
What if it won't fit?
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that your new furniture will fit into your home. Please check access routes, door sizes and corridors prior to ordering your furniture.
2.1 In cases where access is totally restricted we will not attempt redelivery and will ask you to reselect.
Change of order pre-delivery:
3. We understand that in some cases our customers need to amend or change their order. This is free to do within 48 hours of placing your order. Please contact the store you purchased from to advise of any changes.
3.1 After 48 hours if you wish to change your order details there will be an administrative charge. This is to cover reprocessing your order and restocking products that cannot be cancelled with the supplier.
Web orders and distance selling regulations.
4. A majority of our products are made to order, as a guideline, if your order delivery quote is greater than 4 weeks then it is likely to be a bespoke item and as such will not be subject to cancellation without charge.
4.1 Web orders placed from non-bespoke stock fall under the distance selling regulations in the UK. This means that they are subject to a 7-day return or exchange policy.
4.2 Where goods are cancelled or exchanged there will be a charge for delivery and collection. Please contact us if you feel that you would like to exchange or return your furniture.
Care & Maintenance requirements:
5. Once delivery of the sofa has been made the care and maintenance of the sofa is the responsibility of the customer.
5.1 Leather and fabric needs regular cleaning to keep the sofa in the best condition the store team will advise the best cleaning process for your sofa.
Conditions of Sale
6. Shortages or damages on delivery must be notified to the company within three days.
6.1 The Company will endevour to supply goods ordered as soon as possible but time will not be a condition of this sale but will not exceed 24 weeks. If this occours then contract may be cancelled withut penalty to either party.
6.2 Goods must be paid in full within 1 month of the product becoming available, and then must be delivered within 3 months. This is not negotiable. Goods must be paid in full or appropriate finance agreed prior to booking your delivery. Goods will remain the property of R&J Leather (Scotland) until such time a time where payment is made in full or where approved and executed finance is in place.
6.3 The company is unable to accept cancellations once the goods have been ordered from the supplier. If you cancel your order there will be a 25% cancellation fee on the full purchase price. Stock items will be held to 100% of the purchase price.
6.4 Matching colours of shades from samples will be within commercial tolerance but cannot be guaranteed.
Cancellations - ONLY APPLICABLE TO WEB ORDERS
7.1 You may cancel your order at any time by contacting us a email@example.com. If your goods have not been despatched - other than as detailed below - we will refund the full price of the items and any delivery to the same card/paypal account that you purchased the goods using.
7.2 If you decide to cancel items (before delivery has taken place) that are bespoke, made to measure or have been specially ordered for you it may be unlikely that we will be able to sell these at full selling price to another customer, in this instance we have the right to deduct a cancellation fee from your refund. We will endeavor to avoid such charges but in some cases it may be unavoidable.
7.3 If, for any reason you are unhappy with your purchases, you can return goods within 7 days of delivery. We will provide a full refund for the purchase price of the goods, but not any delivery charges. The cost of returning any items is the responsibility of the customer, items must be returned in their original packing. Please note that a refund will only take place after goods have been returned, inspected by our returns department and deemed to be in a suitable condition. For furniture that requires a two-man uplift you will be required to pay an uplift charge. This charge may be higher than the original delivery charge, as the initial delivery cost is subsidised by R & J Leather (Scotland) Ltd. Your furniture return may also be subject to a returns charge if the items are bespoke, made-measure or specially ordered for you. Please let us know as quickly as possible by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a return you would like to make. A member of our team will contact you to discuss the quickest and most efficient way for your products to be returned.
7.4 Please note there will be no charge for any return if the delivered goods are faulty or if the items did not match your order correctly. In these instances replacement products will be delivered free of charge as soon as items are available.